SEED SPOT is looking for a talented and data driven marketing and recruitment professional to build awareness and drive recruitment for entrepreneurship programs that support diverse, impact-driven founders. As the Marketing & Recruitment Manager, you support the essential work of admissions and recruiting by exploring new marketing channels, crafting informative messaging, and managing outreach and data collection efforts. You’ll meet and support hundreds of diverse, aspiring entrepreneurs per year along their entrepreneurial journey, and play a key role in SEED SPOT’s mission to educate, accelerate, and invest in diverse, impact-driven entrepreneurs.
Reporting to the Director of Recruitment, the Marketing & Recruitment Manager is the team member who takes the lead crafting messages, stories, and marketing materials that align with SEED SPOT and partner organizations branding guidelines. A “day in the life” of this role includes creating and promoting useful content across multiple marketing channels (all with the direct goal of attracting candidates to SEED SPOT programs), meeting with prospective program participants, managing lead and stakeholder data processes, and leading an informational webinar or workshop. This role is a unique combination of “behind the scenes” data management and marketing activities, as well as external brand ambassadorship and relationship-building with high-visibility founder engagement, partner collaboration, and executive mentorship recruitment.
- Oversee recruitment activities for SEED SPOT’s 2-Day Launch Camp, as well support with other programs as necessary, to meet program recruitment goals and fulfill SEED SPOT’s mission.
- Support with the execution of virtual and in-person recruitment events, such as info sessions, meet-ups, 1:1 conversations, and resource fairs.
- Work with the Programs Team to design and execute a recruiting strategy to engage more executives as mentors for both long-term and short-term mentoring opportunities.
- Support key programmatic partnerships with messaging campaigns and streamlined communications.
- Collaborate with external partners and industry leaders to elevate SEED SPOT’s voice and increase brand awareness.
Marketing & Branding
- Working with the Director of Recruitment, support the execution of a comprehensive marketing strategy with a mix of digital and personal outreach tactics to achieve program recruitment goals.
- Design, execute, and monitor paid media strategies for specific programs.
- Share updates at weekly marketing & recruitment meetings to review outcomes, move projects forward, and collaborate across the team.
- Oversee the design and appropriate branding for marketing collateral related to program recruitment. Ensure SEED SPOT branding and brand voice is represented in all program marketing collateral and speaks to a diverse audience of impact-driven founders.
- Maintain the website with timely updates and key information for core & partner programs.
- Identify marketing opportunities/gaps and support the development of budgets & vendors to increase SEED SPOT’s relevance.
- Utilizing Salesforce, build key reports and dashboards to support recruiting and admissions.
- Utilize Qualtrics integration to build new applications and registration forms to support admissions and recruiting data collection.
- Manage the appropriate integration of data across the organization and teams into Salesforce.
- Experiment with automation activities to enhance data accuracy, internal ease of use, and end user/entrepreneur experience.
Tools and Resource Management
- Active Campaign email marketing and marketing automations
- Shopify ecommerce tools (program fees and tickets)
- WordPress website tools and plugins
- Community Slack group
- Zoom webinar
- Marketing calendar
- Zapier automation platform
Key Qualifications, Attributes, and Skills:
- Thrives in a remote and flexible work environment, with a mastery of autonomous work, while staying connected to the full team.
- Must have experience working in Salesforce. Salesforce training and/or certifications are a plus.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and digital marketing skills.
- Detail-oriented person who enjoys executing tactics on a daily basis, not just creating strategy (i.e. finds satisfaction in checking off to-do list items!)
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple communication channels with different stakeholders/audiences.
- Commitment to tracking efficacy of efforts, reporting outcomes, and iterating through changes in strategy.
- Passion for social entrepreneurship and empowering underrepresented entrepreneurs.
- Deep respect and empathy for the entrepreneurial journey.
- Friendly, outgoing, and energetic person with a positive attitude and team spirit!
- Some travel may be required throughout the year to regional events (i.e. Startup Weeks, etc.)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Light design experience and skills, in a platform such as Canva, is a plus.
- Experience executing marketing automation, social media, and email/newsletter marketing campaigns.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary range: $65,000-$80,000, according to experience
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental for employees, with 100% of monthly premiums paid by SEED SPOT.
- Company sponsored 403(b) plan
- Unlimited PTO (that you’re encouraged to take!)
- Annual 2-week holiday office closure in December
- Fully remote work environment with flexible location and working hours
- A small, empowered, and engaged team with love for the mission, open communication, and an outstanding company culture!
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.